Gimbel Eye Centre supports the whole health of the individual by providing preventive, curative and restorative health services from an ophthalmology perspective in a patient and employee friendly environment.
Creed of Service
As Committed Members of the Gimbel Eye Centre team:
- We dedicate ourselves to the service of others, regardless of their personal circumstances, background, beliefs or stage in life.
- We will provide quality medical care to our patients and will continually advance our education and skills, using the finest technology available.
- We will apply patience and attentive listening as we practice the art of caring.
- We will use friendly and open communication with others and we will promote an efficient use of time for ourselves and for those around us.
- We will endeavour to create an atmosphere of quality caring for our patients, their families and for those we work with.
- As we strive to meet the needs of those we serve, may our success be measured in preserved, restored and enhanced vision, and in the wellness and satisfaction of those entrusted to our care.
- Gimbel Eye Centre has been a family owned business operating in Calgary since 1964.
- We have performed over 200,000 eye surgeries, and have served patients from over 50 countries around the world.
- Gimbel Eye Centre recruits only highly qualified surgeons, which has earned us the respect of the international medical community.
- We were the first institution in Canada to perform laser vision correction, Refractive Lens Exchange and Implantable Corrective Lens procedures.
- Our surgeons have authored numerous medical journal articles and books, and are regularly featured as presenters at international conferences.
- All information about the results of our surgeries is in our computerized medical records systems. We access this data on a regular basis to monitor the safety and effectiveness of our procedures and to refine our surgical techniques.